How to Tie a Bow Tie
Although a large majority of men nowadays wear a pre-tied bowtie, the true bow tie enthusiast will tie his own.
Tying your own bow tie not only can be fun, but it also allows for adding a personal touch in styling, size and fit of the bow.
Below are instruction on tying your own bowties.
1. Start with the bowtie lying face up. Adjust the bowtie so right side is shorter than the left. The end on the left will be referred to as A and the end on the right will be referred to as B.
2. Move A to the right side, across B.
3. Bring A under B and up through the neck loop.
4. At the joint, fold B towards the right and then towards the left to create a the bow shape.
5. Bring A straight down over the middle of the bow shape that was made with B.
6. Fold A back towards the chest and pinch the fold.
7. Push the pinched end (A) through the loop behind B.
8. Pull on the folded parts of the bow to tighten.
9. Adjust until balanced on both sides